Janus Henderson Flagship Fixed Income Offering Now Available to Hong Kong Retail Investors
Key investment risk:
- The Fund may invest in any one or a combination of the following instruments:
- futures, options and swaps and other financial derivative instruments ("FDI") for investment purposes. Given the leverage effect of FDI, such investments may result in substantial loss (as much as 100% of the NAV of the relevant Fund);
- debt securities rated below investment grade; and
- mortgage and asset-backed securities, other collateralised and/or securitised products and/or in indexed /structured securities. These financial instruments may be rated below investment grade.
- Investing in any one of the above instruments may involve substantial credit/counterparty, market, liquidity, currency, leverage, interest, index, swap, valuation and downgrading risks. If the issuers default, or such securities or their underlying assets, cannot be realised or perform badly, investors' entire investments may be lost.
- Series 3, 4 and 5 share classes of the Fund may at its discretion (i) pay dividends out of the capital of the Fund, and/ or (ii) pay dividends out of gross income while charging all or part of the fees and expenses to the capital of the Fund, resulting in an increase in distributable income available for the payment of dividends by the Fund and therefore, the Fund may effectively pay dividends out of capital. This may result in an immediate reduction of the Fund's net asset value per share, and it amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor's original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment.
- The Fund's investments may be more concentrated than others that diversify across investments and may therefore be subject to higher risk than funds with more diversified investments.
- The investment decision is yours. If you are in any doubt about the contents of this document, you should seek independent professional financial advice.
- Investors should not only base on this document alone to make investment decisions and should read the Prospectus including the risk factors for further details.
HONG KONG, Nov. 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Janus Henderson Investors, a leading global asset manager, has registered their flagship Janus Henderson Multi-Sector Income Fund for sale to retail investors in Hong Kong.
The move continues the commitment to make available the best of Janus Henderson's $75.1 billion global fixed income capabilities to investors across Asia, in line with the firm's objectives to help clients Defend, Diversify and Increase Income.
Scott Steele, Head of Distribution, Asia, said: "2020 has proven to be an especially challenging environment for company dividends and fixed income yields, intensified by COVID-19 and heightened geopolitical tensions. Against this backdrop, we believe the Janus Henderson Multi-Sector Income Fund, which comprise of the best of what bonds have to offer, is an excellent option for investors in Hong Kong who are looking to reduce portfolio volatility and preserve capital by adding an income element to their portfolios."
The Janus Henderson Multi-Sector Income Fund, an Irish-domiciled UCITS fund, will replicate the approach of the established US-domiciled mutual fund, a 4* Morningstar rated fund which aims to deliver 80% of the yield of the high-yield index with less than half of the volatility.
Like the US fund, the newly-registered Janus Henderson Multi-Sector Income Fund seeks to identify compelling income-generating opportunities across fixed income sectors. It also employs an active management approach that balances a focus on high current income with risk considerations at the security and portfolio level. The fund will typically hold between 35% and 65% below investment grade bonds and has wide flexibility to invest across all sectors of the global fixed income market.
The Janus Henderson Multi-Sector Income Fund will be managed by Seth Meyer, CFA, Portfolio Manager; John Kerschner, CFA, Head of US Securitised Products and portfolio manager; and John Lloyd, Co-Head of Global Credit Research and Portfolio Manager. Together, the Team brings a complementary expertise across high yield, securitized loans, IG credit and bank loans. The portfolio managers average more than 18 years of investment experience.
The registration continues the build out of Janus Henderson's fixed income offerings to investors in the region. Earlier this month, the firm introduced its Flexible Income Fund, Global Investment Grade Bond Fund and High Yield Fund for sale to retail investors in Singapore. Both Flexible Income and Global Investment Grade Bond funds had already been available for sale in Hong Kong.
 As of 30 September 2020
 Source: D share class, Morningstar, as of 31 October 2020, category: Multisector Bond
Janus Henderson Investors
Asia ex-Japan, ex-Australia:
+65 6813 1006
Notes to editors
Janus Henderson Group (JHG) is a leading global active asset manager dedicated to helping investors achieve long-term financial goals through a broad range of investment solutions, including equities, fixed income, quantitative equities, multi-asset and alternative asset class strategies.
Janus Henderson has approximately US$358.3bn in assets under management (at 30 September 2020), more than 2,000 employees, and offices in 27 cities worldwide. Headquartered in London, the company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
Issued in Hong Kong by Janus Henderson Investors Hong Kong Limited, licensed and regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission.
The content herein is produced for information, illustration or discussion purposes only and does not constitute an advertisement or investment advice or an offer to sell, buy or a recommendation for securities in any jurisdiction and do not purport to represent or warrant the outcome of any investment strategy, program or product, other than pursuant to an agreement in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Not all products or services are available in all jurisdictions. Investment involves risk. Past performance cannot guarantee future results.
Janus Henderson Investors is not responsible for any unlawful distribution of this document to any third parties, in whole or in part, or for information reconstructed from this document and do not make any warranties with regards to the results obtained from its use. It is not intended to indicate or imply that current or past results are indicative of future profitability or expectations. In preparing this document, Janus Henderson Investors has reasonable belief to rely upon the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources. Unless otherwise indicated, the source for all data is Janus Henderson Investors.
Anything non-factual in nature is an opinion of the author(s), and opinions are meant as an illustration of broader themes, are not an indication of trading intent, and are subject to change at any time due to changes in market or economic conditions. It is not intended to indicate or imply that any illustration/example mentioned is now or was ever held in any portfolio. No forecasts can be guaranteed and there is no guarantee that the information supplied is complete or timely, nor are there any warranties with regard to the results obtained from its use.
This material may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any form, or referred to in any other publication, without express written permission.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Janus Henderson Group plc. Janus Henderson and Knowledge. Shared are trademarks of Janus Henderson Group plc or one of its subsidiary entities. © Janus Henderson Group plc. For media use only. Not for public viewing or distribution.