IMA to Hold First Virtual AsiaPac Conference, Empowering Finance and Accounting Professionals
IMA announces speaker line-up and the start of registration for its 2020 Virtual AsiaPac Conference for finance and accounting professionals
SINGAPORE, Sept. 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, today announced the start of registration for its 2020 Virtual AsiaPac Conference. The conference, to be held on 17 October, 1pm to 5pm, will host an array of prominent industry and academia experts sharing exclusive content in a fully immersive, virtual experience. This event is free for all, and attendees can earn up to 3.5 CPE credits.
With world-class speakers from all around the globe confirmed from IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Grant Thornton, Deloitte and others, the IMA Virtual AsiaPac Conference will provide finance and accounting professionals with the right skills and opportunities to innovate and create value when it comes to being future-ready. The speakers represent a mix of senior accounting and finance leaders from the U.S., Singapore, Japan, and Australia, and will provide attendees with examples and insights covering topics such as the challenges the industry is facing today and in the future, especially with COVID-19, and how data is used to tell strategic stories to inform business decisions.
"This conference is an integral part of our region's initiatives to support the advancement of the accounting and finance profession, and bridge the skills gap of the professionals by connecting them with some of the prominent industry leaders with the insights and analyses that will empower them to thrive and take on the future with confidence," said Josh Heniro, Ph.D., Senior Director, Southeast Asia & Australasia, IMA.
The IMA Virtual AsiaPac Conference presents a platform to discuss and engage in critical regional and global issues. Some of the keynote, panel and breakout presenters include:
- Jeff Thomson, U.S. CMA, CSCA, CAE, President and CEO, IMA
- Jim Gurowka, CAE, Senior Vice President, Global Business Development, IMA
- Trinh Duc Vinh, Deputy Director, Accounting & Auditing Supervisory Department, Ministry of Finance, Vietnam
- Tony Kam, U.S. CMA, Vice President, Corporate Development, M&A (APAC and Middle East), Cognizant
- Angeline Chua, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Operating Officer, IBM ASEAN
- Junko Watanabe, U.S. CPA, Board Member & Partner, Deloitte Asia Pacific and Deloitte Tohmatsu Japan Group
- Maria Victoria C. Españo, Chairperson and CEO, P&A Grant Thornton, Philippines
- Keyur Shah, Senior Finance Director, FP&A COE, APAC, Johnson & Johnson
- Gillian Vesty, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Accounting, Information System and Supply Chain, College of Business and Law, RMIT University, Australia
- Tae Hyoung Kim, U.S. CMA, U.S. CPA, EA, Tax Practice Group Associate, International Tax & Transfer Pricing, Yoon & Yang LLC, Korea
- Robert Chen, Partner, Exec|Comm
For complete information about the IMA Virtual AsiaPac Conference and registration details, please visit: https://www.imanet.org/events/asia-pacific-conference
About IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA®, named the 2017 and 2018 Professional Body of the Year by The Accountant/International Accounting Bulletin, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) and CSCA® (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) programs, continuing education, networking, and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. IMA has a global network of more than 125,000 members in 150 countries and 350 professional and student chapters. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., USA, IMA provides localized services through its four global regions: The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and Middle East/India. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.
Related Links :