AXA Hong Kong launches additional coverage for COVID-19
Fighting against the virus with Hong Kong people
HONG KONG, Aug. 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- In light of the ongoing spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), AXA Hong Kong is now offering the following enhanced coverage and services to its customers to give them a peace of mind.
New COVID-19 policy coverage and benefits, including:
- Newly added benefit - Coverage of teleconsultations
For Employee Benefits customers, they can enjoy the newly added benefit on the coverage of teleconsultations under General Consultation and Specialist Consultation and receive the necessary medical care while staying home.
- Newly added benefit - Claims for the relevant fee of the COVID-19 admission screening test
If customers are admitted to private hospital that requires COVID-19 admission screening test, they can submit the claim for the relevant fee together with their in-patient hospital expenses benefits after discharging from hospital.
Other COVID-19 related policy coverage and its extension period, including:
- Additional daily hospital cash benefit of HKD700 up to 45 days for a confirmed case of COVID-19 infection without waiting period, from now until 30 September 2020.
- For Medical insurance or Employee Benefits customers
- If they are suspected of contracting, or are confirmed to have contracted the COVID-19, they do not need to apply for pre-authorisation for hospital admission in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China and can also apply for any related claims.
- If they are admitted to an isolation ward in a hospital in Hong Kong, Macau or Mainland China due to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 infection, they are entitled to claim eligible medical expenses regardless of the type of hospital ward.
- For SmartTraveller Plus policyholders, if they decided to cancel their trip to anywhere in the world outside Hong Kong, they can apply for premium refund for the Single Trip SmartTraveller Plus policy purchased.
- Extension of the period of Digital Enrolment System to 30 September 2020
- It covers Medical Protection, Cancer & Stroke Therapy, Long-term Care Cover and Term Plans, Precious Mom and Child Insurance as well as Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policies (QDAP) and the Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS).
- Extension of the grace period of premium payment from 30 days to 90 days from the premium due date, for policy premium due on or before 31 August 2020.
- 24-hour customer service hotline (852) 2894 4701 for answering customer queries about the COVID-19
To know more about the COVID-19 policy coverage and services, please visit: https://www.axa.com.hk/en/axa-novel-coronavirus-outbreak
The above coverage is subject to the relevant terms and conditions. Coverage includes medical and travel insurance products purchased via HSBC and underwritten by AXA.
 Coverage for teleconsultations is subject to the terms, benefits and exclusions set out in your Group Medical Insurance Policy and the coverage amount is up to the relevant benefit entitlement of such policy. All doctors who provide teleconsultations must be qualified and registered doctors at the relevant place where the teleconsultation takes place.
In light of the ongoing spread of the COVID-19, AXA Hong Kong launches the additional coverage and services to its customers, helping them to overcome the challenging time.
About AXA Hong Kong and Macau
AXA Hong Kong and Macau, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself on serving over 1.5 million customers  with our superior products and services. AXA is the top-tier life insurer in Hong Kong with the longest history . In addition to being the No. 1 global Property & Casualty commercial lines insurer , we are the No. 1 most considered insurance brand in Hong Kong . We are also one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong and Macau.
AXA is one of the most diversified insurers, providing a full range of coverage for individual and commercial customers. We offer all-round, integrated solutions across Life, Health and Property & Casualty to address all our customers' insurance needs.
As an innovative insurer, we leverage on Big Data and AI to transform the customer experience end-to-end, making insurance simpler and more personal. We continue to drive innovation notably in health and protection, supporting customers in prevention, treatment and recovery.
We also believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities in which we operate. AXA Foundation is our flagship corporate social responsibility programme covering all our efforts in promoting holistic wellbeing and supporting the underprivileged to create a positive and lasting impact in the communities of Hong Kong and Macau.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited
 Top tier insurers are defined based on the annualised premiums of Individual Direct New Business (Classes A to F) of Statistics on Hong Kong Long Term Insurance Business published by the Insurance Authority
 AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL's insurance and reinsurance operations combined
 AXA Hong Kong Brand Preference Tracking Report 2019
This press release is available on AXA's website: AXA.COM.HK
Important Legal Information and Cautionary Statements Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements contained herein may be forward-looking statements including, but not limited to, statements that are predictions of or indicate future events, trends, plans or objectives. Undue reliance should not be placed on such statements because, by their nature, they are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties and can be affected by other factors that could cause AXA's actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Please refer to Part 4 - "Risk factors and risk management" of AXA's Universal Registration Document for the year ended December 31, 2019, for a description of certain important factors, risks and uncertainties that may affect AXA's business, and/or results of operations. AXA undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise, except as part of applicable regulatory or legal obligations.