AmCham Singapore Announces the Election of Ms. Lisa Liaw as Chair of the Board of Governors
SINGAPORE, May 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham Singapore) is pleased to announce the election of Lisa Liaw as Chair of the Board of Governors. Ms. Liaw assumed her role on May 11, 2020 and is the first woman chair of AmCham Singapore in more than 10 years.
Ms. Liaw has been on the AmCham Singapore Board of Governors since 2016 and has served as Governor, Honorary Treasurer, and Chair of the Board Working Group for Committees. As Chair, she will be responsible for AmCham Singapore's strategic oversight, policy directions, and governance.
Ms. Liaw is currently Director, Financial Controller, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia at American Express. She is Malaysian-born Chinese, grew up in Sydney, Australia with Australian citizenship, educated at the University of New South Wales in Sydney and INSEAD in Paris, has lived in Singapore for the past 14 years and is a Singapore Permanent Resident.
Commenting on her election, Ms. Liaw said, "I am honored that the Board has chosen to elect me as Chair of the largest and most active foreign chamber in Singapore and South-East Asia. This is an opportunity for me to inspire members from diverse backgrounds and help them feel welcome and included in our community. I am particularly pleased that the number of women leaders on the Board of Governors has increased to seven out of 18 demonstrating our progress in gender equality and its positive impact on business innovation and productivity.
AmCham Singapore's business community is facing broad and complex issues that span COVID-19, trade, and business transformation. The recent release of the Fortitude Budget has marked the next phase for the recovery of Singapore's economy, one where government and businesses must work together to safely re-open the economy. I am privileged to have the opportunity to work with the Singapore Government and fellow leaders representing American businesses in Singapore to help each other through these challenging times"
AmCham Singapore CEO Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei shared, "Lisa represents the kind of leadership we need in times of crisis - fairness, inclusivity, and respect. While this year may be like none other in human history, our members have the expertise to make significant contributions to the business community and to Singapore overall. AmCham will continue to focus on supporting our members in advocacy, business insights, and connections here in Singapore and with the United States."
AmCham Singapore also elected four new Governors to the Board at the April 23, 2020 Annual General Meeting: Enver Erkan, Country Manager and Managing Director, Pfizer Singapore; Jasmine Karimi, Assistant General Counsel, Regional Counsel, FMC Asia Pacific; Elisa Mallis, APAC, Managing Director & VP, Center for Creative Leadership; and Monisha Oberoi, ASEAN Head, C&SI Delivery, IBM. Elected for a second term were Governors Choo Hua Wee, Director and Head of Government Relations, Asia Pacific and Japan, HP Inc. and Kevin Wo, Managing Director, Microsoft Singapore.
About AmCham Singapore
Established in 1973, the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham Singapore) is the largest and the most active international business association in Singapore and Southeast Asia, with over 4,700 members representing nearly 600 companies. Our Chamber is comprised of 13 industry-specific committees and conducts nearly 200 events per year.
The AmCham Singapore Board of Governors include:
- Lisa Liaw, Director – Financial Controller, Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia, American Express
- Daphne Au, Regional Head of APAC, Regulatory, Government Affairs & Public Policy, AIG APAC Holdings
- Jonathan S. Collard, Vice President, Asia Pacific, Government Affairs & Policy, Johnson & Johnson
- Enver Erkan, Country Manager and Managing Director, Pfizer Singapore
- Simon Kahn, Chief Marketing Officer - Asia Pacific, Google
- Jasmine Karimi, Assistant General Counsel, Regional Counsel, FMC Asia Pacific
- David Katz, Director, Public Affairs, Asia Pacific, KKR
- Peta Latimer, CEO, Mercer
- Elisa Mallis, APAC, Managing Director & VP, Center for Creative Leadership
- Monisha Oberoi, ASEAN Head, C&SI Delivery, IBM
- Steven R. Okun, Founder & CEO, APAC Advisors
- Emre Olcer, President, South East Asia, Mondeléz International Inc.
- Sean Parish, Vice President Finance, Asia Pacific, West Pharmaceutical Services
- Adam Abdur Rahman, Managing Director, Corporate Affairs, Citi Singapore & ASEAN
- Shakilla Shahjihan, Divisional Vice President, Government Affairs, Asia Pacific & Japan, Abbott Laboratories
- Jannik Termansen, Regional Director, Government Affairs & Markets, 3M Asia Pacific
- Choo Hua Wee, Director and Head of Government Relations, Asia Pacific and Japan, HP Inc.
- Kevin Wo, Managing Director, Microsoft Singapore.
AmCham is a forward-thinking, business-progressive association. Our mission is to create value for our members by providing advocacy, business insights, and connections. Our membership includes American companies and Singaporean and third-country companies with significant U.S. business interests. AmCham is an independent, non-partisan business organization. We are a member of the 28-chamber-strong AmChams of Asia Pacific (AAP).
Our goal is to provide information and facilitate the access and connections that give members insight into the local, regional, and global operating environment, enhance their professional capabilities, and enable them to make well-informed business decisions. For more information about AmCham Singapore, visit www.amcham.com.sg.
Connect with us: @AmChamSG
The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham Singapore) 1 Scotts Road, Shaw Centre #23-03, Singapore 228208 www.amcham.com.sg
Related Links :